Photo KO!!!

bre

Apr 21, 2009
Newcastle, Australia
Hi all,
As the name suggests we are going to have a Photo Knock Out Competition!
The theme will be
TROPICAL FISH

To run a KO we need to have either 16 or 32 photo's entered.
Photo's must not be added to this thread, instead they are to be sent via PM or email to myself.

Voting will take place from the start of November providing we have enough entrants.

You may request a place be held for you, we will only hold a place up until the 21st of October.

Thanks
bre

bre

Apr 21, 2009
Newcastle, Australia
Haha, gotta love you 2!

We currently only have 4 entries, so will desperately need some if we are to make this work!
If you have any questions just ask here.

Thanks

bre

Apr 21, 2009
Newcastle, Australia
We don't have enough entrants yet to get this off the ground.

At this stage I think we should look at spending the next month getting enough entries to make this possible and have this running for the start of December

Thanks to all who have so far entered or commented above. It is appreciated.

bre

Apr 21, 2009
Newcastle, Australia
We currently have entries from

brengun
mooo
bigbird
Derek
jimmywr

we need another 11 to get this started.
Xingu
matubula
and I will throw one in aswell, so that will leave 8 places needing filling.

It can be any fish that fits into the tropical fish category. I know that most of us have fish that fit this description, so just pull out your camera's and take a few snaps of your fish. Entry via PM or email meandbre1@hotmail.com using your username for reference.

Thanks
bre.

Irene0100

UK Support Team
May 14, 2009
Norfolk, UK
sorry been away on hols or would have sent something.
I suspect the high standard on prev competitions may put some people off.
maybe you should set some juudgeing criteria for eople so as to not judge on the most perfect clarity and rareity of fish, but on composition, use of colour, unusual pose or something?

Derek

Apr 27, 2012
Edinburgh
That sounds good Irene not everyone has a SLR and are great at taking pictures. I just used my humble mobile phone.

jessonthenet

Oct 16, 2010
Newcastle upon Tyne
I wont be entering the competition but if others think all photos need a special camera , my tank shot that won was taken using a 40 quid camera from ASDA with no special settings apart from turn off the sitting room lights and take it.

I do not even know what SLR is? Non of my photos are with a special camera. I am not up to speed with macros or other technical terms.

If I vote on a pic I normally pick it if the fish looks cute or the picture seems balanced and overall generally good. You could use a really expensive camera and have a really crap expensive picture that I wont vote for.

Mooo

Aug 11, 2010
Jervis Bay, NSW, Au
My camera is not an slr, I don't know what it means either jess ..My camera is a Fuji, FinePix, 560 I think :D
Not anything fancy.,,lol cost $300 like 6/7 years ago :/

Last edited:

bre

Apr 21, 2009
Newcastle, Australia
Firstly I would like to thank everyone that has submitted a photo for this competition.
Unfortunately we do not have the numbers to go through with running a KO.

What I would like is to have some ideas put forward as to a type of photo comp to run for December. It could be a particular species of pleco, general tropical fish, christmas theme. Anything at all, it doesn't even have to be a fish related theme.

Please reply in this thread.

Thank You
Bre.