How To Post Your Pics :)

bre

Apr 21, 2009
Newcastle, Australia
These are just a few simple instructions on how to post photo's here at Pleco Planet.

When you become a member here you are automatically assigned access to the gallery to upload pics as you please. Uploading pics to the gallery here is just as easy as uploading to a photo hosting site but are easier to post in a thread thanks to the [images] option that appears under the smilies when you reply to a post.

To upload from your pc to the Gallery here on PlecoPlanet.

Step 1 - Click on the Gallery link across the top of the screen. A gallery navigation bar will show up next.

Step 2 - In the Gallery Navigation bar click on upload. It then comes up with a box titled Upload File. With Category underneath it and Select One in a drop down bar.

Step 3 - Select your Category (they are titled for species, other pics etc or if you are unsure of an id you can post it in other plecs and someone will relocate it later on). Then click continue.

Step 4 - Choose the file off your computer. The file needs to be under 585.9kb. You also have to add a title and or a message about your plec/pic.

Step 5 - click the upload button.

To post your pic.

Step 1 - Go to post reply or start a new thread.

Step 2 - On the right hand side of the text box are the smilies and underneath there is [Images]. Click on that. It will bring up a box showing the pics in your gallery, just scroll through and click on the pic you wish to post. It's that easy.

To post a pic from another site.

Step 1 - Copy the image url for the pic you wish you post.

Step 2 - Go to post reply or start a new thread.

Step 3 - Across the top of the text box there are text options, link options etc. Click on the
. It will come up with a pop up box. Delete the http:// that appears in the box and then insert the image url from the other site.

Hope this helps :)
Just keep in mind, not all members can view photo's linked from an outside website and all competition entries should be uploaded directly to your gallery here.

psionic001

Jul 2, 2009
Sydney
Why not have a feature to post the images inline in the actual post rather than going to the gallery and having to reference a gallery image in your post?

best

Matt

Doodles

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
hey Matt

There is such a feature. When you reply to thread, use advanced, right under the smiley box it says images, click that and you can insert any of the pics in your gallery

psionic001

Jul 2, 2009
Sydney
I tried that, but it only takes a URL and not an image upload.

Many other forums use an inline image upload which I have found to be very handy. It also encourages upload into that forum, rather than having off site image URLs which lend themselves to breaking if they are taken off the other site (photobucket/flickr etc

just my 2c

Doodles

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
okie doke, I have enabled attachments but with a post inline from an url option only available. Use the link above your post
to add and insert pictures. Posting via attachments also uses the lightbox feature which is cool. Ill include all this info in the next PP newsletter which is coming soon.

krystine

May 3, 2010
caulfield melbourne
question pls,

why everytime i upload photos always:

Sorry, krystine: Bad File - No File or File is too Large or of the Wrong MIME Type

i used .jpeg or .jpg or BITMAP and size around 500KB

bre

Apr 21, 2009
Newcastle, Australia

Pirarucu

Jan 6, 2010
Gold Coast (Queensland)
Why can't i post attachments, the only place it will allow me is in the buy/sell forum but not anywhere else, not the lounge or gamers corner, anywhere, it always telling me 'You may not post attachments' it use to work for me.

Pirarucu

Jan 6, 2010
Gold Coast (Queensland)
Thanks for reply but still unable to post attachments.
Bottom left hand corner it reads...