id please!

aquacouple

Dec 24, 2011
Sydney
They are black and the stripes are really white, the stripes all seem to be very straight. The l270 seem to have more squiggly strips and more yellow. But I am not sure. They were sold to me as L333's. But they just don't look like l333's to me! The closest thing I have found in my L number book is L204??

Brengun

Global Moderators
Staff member
Apr 22, 2009
Burrum Heads, Queensland, Australia
I would have thought L333 would have more squiggles at 5-6cm for sure but you can get black and white in L333's.
I have some pure white and black juvies at 3.5 to 4.5cm but the bigger ones are scribbling already.
I doubt they are L204 in Aust. I haven't heard of anyone successfully breeding those much here yet.

bigbird

Pleco Profiles Moderator - RIP FRIEND
Sep 9, 2010
Sydney, AUSTRALIA
hello,

there is not doubt, these are very nice looking and have nice markings.
Is there any chance of a shot from the side and bottom ( mouth area ) as well ?
I would also doubt they are L204, although adults are in Australia, I have not heard of anyone successfully breeding them here.
L333 come in a lot of various markings. I also though L270 at first. It a few cases, when Ls go into adulthood, do the markings change. Maybe it is also a hybrid of L066/L333 ? Have you checked again with your supplier and asked for photos from the parents ? just my thoughts cheers jk :thumbup:

bigbird

Pleco Profiles Moderator - RIP FRIEND
Sep 9, 2010
Sydney, AUSTRALIA
may I also ask what you paid for them. There is a standard rpice for L333/L066 and another one for L204. More photos though please.
Wow Lcrazy, if they are, then someone has hadsuccess. cheers jk :thumbup:

Bigjohnnofish

Global Moderators
Staff member
Apr 15, 2010
Perth, Western Australia
hmmm

look like 333's to me.... def not 204's... they have a yellowy stripe and trailers on their tails - even at 5-6cm....

333's have many varied patterns and stripes... but will prob change again once they hit 8cm+......

270's are a bit more elongated...

do you have a side view pic to confirm they are 333's

Jackson

Jan 14, 2011
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Not 204 as mentioned and to be sure post a belly shot.

Why doubt the seller? Just because of what looks to be 1"-1.5" fish don't match up with pics you see on the internet?

Is the seller a sneak and untrustworthy?

aquacouple

Dec 24, 2011
Sydney
its got nothing to do with not trusting the seller! i like the guy i got them from, they were from a shop, i just thought they had interesting patterns and i had never really seen 333's like them! thats why i bought them and put them on here, because people on this site know more then me! i am quiet happy with the fish either way! i will get some side and bottom pics when i can amd post them. thank you to everyone!