Sexing L397

Departure

Apr 30, 2016
Perth
Just picked up this L397, sold to me as a male, but not seeing much hair on him/her, hopefully an expert can suggest its sex. He is 8cm in length Head to Tail. Sorry for the bad quality pictures, taken with phone.

ceacole050505

May 9, 2016
Norfolk, UK
Hello there,
I must say he or she, it is very beautiful and well fed lol!

The boys I had hair on their hair, you could get spiked an inch away with it!
Maybe someone else may be able to do better but I'm going with girl but to be certain I would have to see a better picture of ' under her skirt ' to say 100%. Especially if you have a young specimen, it could suddenly blossom into Haggrid!

Departure

Apr 30, 2016
Perth
Thanks for your input, I suspect a girl also, but being new to pleco's I can't be sure, And yes it is a nice fish, the colours has really darken up now he/she has settled in and looks a lot better, the orange are really nice oranges and the blacks stand out a lot now. I will try and get a better photo of the underside, Problem is that it lives in a 6ft tank now so it might be awhile before I get a chance to snap a photo of it.

Departure

Apr 30, 2016
Perth
Got some new photo's of his/her vent hopefully this will help determine the sex...

Can someone please look and tell me the sex, I can now see fine hairs when zoomed in with the phone camera.