hi from Austin

Nanomega

May 2, 2017
Austin, Texas
Hello pleco people, I just built a 125 gallon planted aquarium with a 55 gallon sump and now I'm on the search for pleco friends to join the gang of fish. Right now the inhabitants are pygmy corydoras, green neon tetras, diptail pencilfish (eques), otocinclus sp., keyhole cichlid, and soon to join is a bolivian ram and another species of corydoras yet to be determined depending on availability. As for plecs, I'd like to put in 1 of these 3 options: 4 Ancistrus claro, 6-8 Parotocinclus jumbo, or one L183 Ancistrus dolichopterus. I read that these Ancicstrus are territorial with other plecos so I figure the tank should have only one species of pleco. I am not very experienced with plecos, I've only had one before years ago and it was a common bristlenose species, so any opinions are welcome.

thanks!
Shawn

Shaun S

Oct 18, 2016
Melbourne Australia
Well howdy Shawn from Down Under!
Have fun with whatever Plecos you decide upon :)
When I had my Panaques in with my BN's Ancistrus, things get a little bumpy around feeding times, apart from that, the tank was settled, of course now all my different L's etc live in their own tanks. Good luck