Greeting From Fort Lee, Home of the The GW Bridge

DiscoStu

Aug 14, 2014
Fort Lee, NJ
Greeting From Fort Lee, NJ USA

Greetings Fellow Pleco Enthusiasts & Fish Lovers,

I've been keeping fish with an emphasis on Discus and Altum Angels for many years. I started keeping various Pleco's first as maintenance workers for my Discus tanks, mostly Clowns, Bristlenose, Farlowellas (these are Plecos aren't they?), and various other peaceful types to help with tank maintenance. No more Gibbiceps as they grow too big and inevitably develop a fondness for my Discus's slime coats and less for the algae. I also keep Brochis Multiradiatus, Brochis Britski, and Cory Sterbis.

Over the years I've developed and appreciation of Plecos and love my Clowns, and others. Right now I have a Gold Nugget (L-018) in quarantine but need advice re quarantine. Do I medicate prophylactically, can I use Prizipro (Praziquantal)? I'm good with Discus, but think I've killed 2 with my "care". I'll also elaborate in the "Pleco Health" section.

Best Regards,

DiscoStu

Last edited:

bigbird

Pleco Profiles Moderator - RIP FRIEND
Sep 9, 2010
Sydney, AUSTRALIA
hello DiscoStu, glad you are with us. have fun and enjoy our site. we need football players, cricketers and hope for a fundraiser, so welcome to you and ask any questions and post photos of your tanks etc. cheers jk :thumbup: