hello everyone!

orchid9910

Aug 7, 2014
Denver colorado
I'm glad I found this forum! I have a pleco I adopted with a 55gal tank that I need help identifying. I will post pictures of it soon and the other sucker mouth, I have no clue what it is. Also looking for tank habitat help and artistic tank lay out help. Plants are my area I'm working on now. The tank came with one sword plant and some java fern, two medium sized driftwood pieces and rocks. The gravel is a natural color so I want to make the tank look as natural as possible. I was surprised to find a sumo loach and a banjo catfish were in the bucket too. The light for the tank is poor quality but it came with a cascade 750 water filter. I did buy an strong glass mount pump to increase oxygen and it really made the bottom feeders look way better. Before I invest in anymore fish I want to increase the level of health for what I have first. Any suggestions on where to start would be great.

bigbird

Pleco Profiles Moderator - RIP FRIEND
Sep 9, 2010
Sydney, AUSTRALIA
Hello and :welcome:,
I would invest in an eheim cannister filter and airpump with airstone. The decor of caves, driftwood, sandy bottom is great. Pleants that survive are usually java, anubias and amazon swords, as long as they are stuck on driftwood or secured properly. I would say the loaches and banjo were used in the control of snails, as both are extreme good snail killers. Post some photos and we will have a look. Plecos like mater movement and oxygen in the water. cheers jk :thumbup:

zeebo

Jun 11, 2010
ct ,usa
hi , :welcome: can't wait to see what you have there !!! Glad you found us , so much info in the threads if you read back, plus you can get answers to new questions here too ---just post a photo of your new guy/girl and members will tell you what you have and it's needs , such as food , etc. Good luck with the new tank and the inhabitants:)