my 55 gallon amazon tank

Andrew_x

Oct 11, 2009
Kansas City, MO
hey all, i haven't been around in a while but hopefully i'm back to stay now. :hi: been busy as all get out with work and everything, but finally found some time this weekend to get my 55 gallon tank set up and running. here's a couple not-so-great pictures.

3 large pieces of driftwood, a few plastic (for now) plants, and a white sand bottom.

before water was added:

and after 5 trips back and forth to the lfs for around 50 gallons of r/o water:

let me know what you all think, and any pointers would be greatly appreciated!

thanks,
andrew

nick666

Apr 10, 2010
Wagga Wagga
in stead of running back and forth with buckets full of water i just hook a clean hose up 2 my kitchen tap, cause i live in a 1 bedroom unit on the second story, so a hose wont reach up this far, and its heaps easier then carrying heavy buckets full of water dripping them every where! and 2 drain the tanks i just hook the hose up 2 a power head filter, its the quickest and easiest way 2 do it, i find! that way u can just sit there and have a smoke or a coffee and let the tap or power head do the job 4 u! lol

scatz

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
Devon, UK
i think once you get the real plants in there, its going to be stunning, i always love the contrast you get by using white sand

Andrew_x

Oct 11, 2009
Kansas City, MO
thanks for all the compliments guys, it's good to be back. another week or so and i'll be getting some fish in there! hopefully some hatchets, cardinals, and other tetras for filers, then the three "showcase" fish will be an l-081 gold nugget, an l-047 mango, and an l-200 phantom.

andrew