finally got around to getting a few shots

Andrew_x

Oct 11, 2009
Kansas City, MO
1st off is the 29 gal tall:

inhabitants:

2 x panaque maccus

1 x baryancistrus sp. gold nugget, not real sure l# but i think it's l-081. correct me if i'm wrong.

2 x angel fish

3 x neon tetras (down from about 15; they drop like flies for no apparent reason)

1 x glowlight tetra

prolly add some more neons and glowlights, and maybe some rummynose tetras as well.

and my "upside down catfish" :lol: :

the clowns were in hiding as well and just couldn't get a clear enough shot of them.

2nd tank is a 37 gal tall:

inhabitants:

1 x possible L201 (still waiting on positive id)

1 x L047 mango plec

8 x black phantom tetra (2 male, 6 female)

6 x pristella tetra

3 x arcuatus cory

2 x strebai cory

1 x some misc. cory

the mango:

and the suspected L201:

within the next week i'm buying a 4ft, 55 gal tank. can't wait to get that one up and going; gonna try to do a planted amazon biotope w/ sand substrate.

enjoy,
andrew

Andrew_x

Oct 11, 2009
Kansas City, MO
thanks shenz. they're nothin compared to a lot of the tanks on here but i'm pretty proud of em. just wanna get that extra bit of colored gravel out of the 29 gal.

andrew

Andrew_x

Oct 11, 2009
Kansas City, MO
the angels right now are too small to eat the neons, and they don't seem to harass any of the fish in the tank. so i don't know what's up with the neons. water always checks out fine: ammonia and nitrite 0, nitrates 5-10, and ph at 7.0. it's a mystery to me. they'll be fine one day, actively schooling and swimming about. then the next day 3 or 4 are floating.

thanks for the comments,
andrew

Doodles

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
neons are pretty renowned for that, although saying that they have toughened up a bit the last couple of years from what ive heard.

Have you got any other pics of the nugget? could put it up for id in the id forum:yes:

Nice tank and pics:clap::clap:

timkel

May 30, 2009
Northants
Nice tanks n plecs.I have had the same problem with neons,now down to 5 of the original 10.Yet have no problems with the glowlights,in the same tank.