Why 10 eggs

henk68

Dec 5, 2009
Brisbane
Does anybody know why my l134 would be producing 10 eggs per batch? They are smaller than normal l134 at around 8cm max for the males.

I have heard the normal spawning is 30+ eggs is this accurate?

Any info will be appreciated:thumbup:

styxx

May 12, 2010
Victoria
Does anybody know why my l134 would be producing 10 eggs per batch? They are smaller than normal l134 at around 8cm max for the males.

I have heard the normal spawning is 30+ eggs is this accurate?

Any info will be appreciated:thumbup:
maybe your 134 types only produce small batchs of frys cause there not the normal type like you said?
how many batchs of 10 have they produced?

ive had 12cm females producing 45-61eggs per batch.

5yr age might also contribute to the small quantity.

Irene0100

UK Support Team
May 14, 2009
Norfolk, UK
I would not worry, if she is giving you healthy eggs then thats good news. some dont produce as much as others, its the way of nature.
however if she is laying more and the male is eating some thats a different problem.

henk68

Dec 5, 2009
Brisbane
maybe your 134 types only produce small batchs of frys cause there not the normal type like you said?
how many batchs of 10 have they produced?

ive had 12cm females producing 45-61eggs per batch.

5yr age might also contribute to the small quantity.
They produce eggs quite regularly and always around the same number and all fry are healthy so I am not complaining just wondering. They are a small fish also.

Thanks for all the advice appreciated
Regards Henk

henk68

Dec 5, 2009
Brisbane
not worried

I would not worry, if she is giving you healthy eggs then thats good news. some dont produce as much as others, its the way of nature.
however if she is laying more and the male is eating some thats a different problem.
Thanks for the info appreciated they are a small fish also

Regards Henk