l134 compta

Brengun

Global Moderators
Staff member
Apr 22, 2009
Burrum Heads, Queensland, Australia
What would you say they are if they are not all compta's?
I had a look in my L book and compta is the closest id I found.
Also the Aqualog to me they seemed the same. A varient maybe but I couldnt allign a totally different breed to them.

bigbird

Pleco Profiles Moderator - RIP FRIEND
Sep 9, 2010
Sydney, AUSTRALIA
yup agree with the other 2 above. there seems to be a fine line L134 and braod line L134. You have both. cheers jk :thumbup:

henk68

Dec 5, 2009
Brisbane
What would you say they are if they are not all compta's?
I had a look in my L book and compta is the closest id I found.
Also the Aqualog to me they seemed the same. A varient maybe but I couldnt allign a totally different breed to them.
Thanks Brenda I am happy with the verdict that they are L134. I have no idea what they could be if they where not L134. Definitely Peckoltia. I guess just a smaller version also because my fish are 8cm max as adults.

Thanks everyone for once again identifying my fish. So calling them a fine line variant would be correct? The thick line l134 in the pictures below are Brenguns fish so all of mine are fine line.
It is appreciated.

HAVE A HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE.

Lornek8

Apr 21, 2009
Hawaii
Look like Rio Jamanxim fish. They can even go spotted which some seem to show a bit of. As foe adult size, could just well be environmental as much as anything.

henk68

Dec 5, 2009
Brisbane
size

I have had a look at the Rio Jamanxim fish and they do seem more similar to my my fish. The last I heard was that they where unsure if it was its own species or a different variation of compta. Have there been any decisions made in regards to them being their own species or just a different variation of compta?

In regards to size they where grown up in a 4 x 2 x 2 the same tank as the compta I use to grow and they all grew well over the 10cm mark. My compta seem tiny compared to the L134 I used to own. I wish I still had one of my other compta so I could take a photo of them next to each other.

Like I said I am happy for them just to be a different variation of compta.

Thanks for all of your help

regards Henk

henk68

Dec 5, 2009
Brisbane
Rio Jamanxim Fish

Also when these fish spawn I am only getting 16 to 18 fry which is a lot less than the standard compta. I have also been told that the smaller size 8cm max is common with these fish. If I am wrong then please let me know.

Regards Henk

vd2208

Jan 16, 2012
Sydney
This is a helpful thread, my colony bred and some juvies are spotted already while others have very thick dark bands and some in between. (there are couple of batches and bloodline in there) I need to look at my aqualog books.