Clay Caves

johnny70

Technical Support Team
I am in the process of setting up a tank for L066's and Royal Whiptails. No normally I'm a plant nut, but will not be getting anything bar anubais and water lettuce in this.

Should I buy the ready made clay caves with a sealed send or with PVC pipe be OK which I have tons of:yes::yes:

Will be using just slate, rocks, caves and some bogwood on a sand substrate

Cheers,
JOHNNY

st24rsap

Apr 21, 2009
UK
I am in the process of setting up a tank for L066's and Royal Whiptails. No normally I'm a plant nut, but will not be getting anything bar anubais and water lettuce in this.

Should I buy the ready made clay caves with a sealed send or with PVC pipe be OK which I have tons of:yes::yes:

Will be using just slate, rocks, caves and some bogwood on a sand substrate

Cheers,
JOHNNY
I have a selection of slate caves, different sizes in with my L066 breeding tank. I have 2 breeding males in there and they have both started changing around the caves quite a lot, theres 6 caves in total. My last 2 spawns the female has been trapped in 1 cave for 2 days, then when i checked the next day they had moved to a different cave and spawned :huh:

anyway ive never used PVC pipe before so cant comment on that. i have tried them with the ready made round clay caves but they have never spawned in them or even gone in them really, they always use the home made slate ones instead :yes:

hope that helps
kev

st24rsap

Apr 21, 2009
UK
Forgot I had slate ones that I haven't used as well, nice one, in they will go.

Hopefully have setup this weekend, hope you haven't sold all the L066 by the time its ready:)

JOHNNY
yeah chuck them in and see if they use them, if they dont try some different sizes.

No mate wont have sold them all, on hold untill i hear back from you mate
kev