Hi All, new Plec owner here

JamesA

Oct 30, 2010
Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire
Evening all,
Ive browsed a bit over the last couple of months while ive been setting up my tank as plecs were on my fish list from day one!

Thought id register now as today i picked up a lovely pair of L159's from your very own JackGillet :)

My tank is a 120L Fluval with a U4 internal filter and 150W heater. Have it planted with Amazon swords, java fern, crypts and a couple of other bits that i forget. Fishwise, other than the plecs, ive got 8 Black Phantom Tetra and a pair of Dwarf Gourami.

Cheers,
James

:hi:

Doodles

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
Hi James, welcome to Plecoplanet:welcome:

Those L159 are very nice looking:yes:

JamesA

Oct 30, 2010
Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire
Thanks all :)

They are still doing well today, the female is more active at the moment but they were both out late last night once the main light had gone off. I have fitted some blue LED's to the tank which gives a nice moonlit effect and is great for watching the fish at night.

I put some wafers and a bit of courgette in for them which seemed to go down well. The 2 Gourami were very interested too!

The male was checking out the slate cave i put in the tank for them along with a terracotta one from Jack's tank, so they seem to be settling in very well :thumbup:

jessonthenet

Oct 16, 2010
Newcastle upon Tyne
Hi James, not had plecs that long myself but found sand, wood, cucumber, water changes are good basics. Add plants if you can be bothered to replace them often. Plecs just can't get enough of amazon swords from present experience even though I still put them in.

:)