Hi, from Brisbane, Australia

netty_3164

Oct 24, 2010
Brisbane
Hi all,

Just registered so I'm new to the forum but other members might recognize me from other forums under the name 'bugman2494' and 'netty_3164'. I've been in the hobby for a few years now, focusing on crayfishes, shrimps and planted tanks. I've just bought two longfin bristlenoses so have joined this forum in order to get a bit more information regarding breeding and general care of these beauties. Anyways, looking forward to posting around and learning from you guys.

Cheers,
John

C8lyn

Aug 3, 2010
Toowoomba, Qld
:welcome: to plecoplanet!
Good luck with the breeding! I'm just starting to try breeding bristlenose too.
There's a lot of good information here and very experienced breeders to help you.

Caitlyn

netty_3164

Oct 24, 2010
Brisbane
Cheers for the warm welcome guys. A lot of AUS members here. :)

Kangus , I see you are a member of aquariumlife as wells. (I am bugman2494 on there)
I currently have A+/S grade CRS, cherry shrimps, North QLD chameleon shrimps, few funky glass shrimps (blues & yellows & clear) & Caridina typus.

At the moment, I am growing out the baby longfin b/n outdoors in the 3ft densely planted tank. They are only 2.5cm so I have a long way before they get breeding.

Misha

Oct 12, 2009
Brisbane
Welcome

Hi John,

Welcome to Plecoplanet, always good to have another Brisbanite aboard.
Yep, you gotta love those Longfins, good luck!

Cheers,
Shaun

netty_3164

Oct 24, 2010
Brisbane
Thanks all. ;)
Now for my two bristele noses, grow grow grow grow!
Quick question here, how long does it take for bristlenoses to mature and breed?

netty_3164

Oct 24, 2010
Brisbane
I'm not sure what age they are now. Should have asked....woops.
They are albino long fins and are around 4.5cm from the tip of its head to the tail.