L162/L104 with Shrimp

McSealTeam

Jan 2, 2014
USA
Hello, I am new to this forum and figured this would be the best place to find the answer to this question.

So I have had this Clown Pleco(L162) for about two years, it has lived a pretty solitary life never having any other bottom dwelling fish it its tank. Recently I went to the "box pet store" and bought some Cardinal Tetras to brighten up the tank. I arrived home to find that the bright people from the pet store had managed to net 2 shrimp as well as the Cardinals. Having only two tanks I put them in the Plecos tank with the cardinals because the other tank has Tiger Barbs and Rainbow Sharks(Didn't think that would be the best environment.) So far the Shrimps are fine but I am wondering if the shrimps will eventually become the Plecos meal and if I should move them to a new smaller tank.

Thanks.

Brengun

Global Moderators
Staff member
Apr 22, 2009
Burrum Heads, Queensland, Australia
As long as the shrimp have a little overhanging ledge to hide under or a niche in the wood to sit when they moult they should be fine. I have 2 species of little shrimp in my L260 tank and they have never eaten any live ones, only aged and dead ones.