My L134 breeding efforts

Cashy

Aug 17, 2012
Tootgarook, Victoria, Australia
Great post, very helpful. Awesome looking fish. I am thinking of setting up a tank to breed the L134s aswell and after seeing your tank and efforts makes me want to do it even sooner.
When you said you put them in the other tank was that in with the parents or a seperate tank? Also do you think its best to have the tank bare with no substrate?

davej

Jun 24, 2011
Vancouver Canada
When you said you put them in the other tank was that in with the parents or a seperate tank? Also do you think its best to have the tank bare with no substrate?
I have a 90 gallon with my breeding colony and I also have 3 x 40 gallon grow out tanks. I have babies and juvies in all four tanks. I like to keep the tanks bare bottomed as it is easier to keep them clean.

Cashy

Aug 17, 2012
Tootgarook, Victoria, Australia
Thanks for the reply. As i am just thinking about setting up a tank for Lnumbers and have not kept them before i really apreciate all you advice and info finding it very helpful. How many do you have in your breeding colony tank? Can you have multiple pairs breeding in the same tank or just have the one breeding pair?

davej

Jun 24, 2011
Vancouver Canada
My breeding colony consists of 11 wild adults in a bare bottom 90 gallon tank.
They have a total of 5 caves to pick from and have been breeding constantly for a year and a half now.

Bluegills

Feb 19, 2011
Kent
Whats a 3 D cave? U find that this type of cave is the best choice? Also where do you buy them from? Thank you