C Julli or Trilli? how to tell

Paul_fox

May 7, 2009
UK
There seems to be some confusion between C Julli and C Trilineatus, so below are a couple of pics showing the difference. Apart from the pattern difference, the Trilineatus has a slightly more rounded snout

Pics are copyright to Ian Fuller of CorydorasWorld

C Juli

C Trilineatus

Last edited:

Andrew

May 3, 2009
Renfrewshire, Scotland, UK.
Here is a picture of some Trilineatus i used to have;

Julli do turn up in shops now and then, a couple of years ago i was suprised to find a fish shop in Glasgow had some Julli in stock, not seen them since though.

Locostella

Feb 26, 2013
Norwich
Julli do turn up in shops now and then, a couple of years ago i was suprised to find a fish shop in Glasgow had some Julli in stock, not seen them since though.
Hey all,

I am very new to this game and brought 3 young cats from my local aquatic centre labeled as Julli, but after a quick internet search found a lot of the information that is also stated in this thread.

I attach a photo of one of the three for conformation that it is not Julli and is the suspected Trilineatus. The fish hasn't got the fine spotting of Julli, but lacks the maze like head pattern of the photos I have seen of Trilineatus, is this down to the fish being a sub-adult?

IMG_8335.JPG

Regards Kieran