Duckweed:(

Irene0100

UK Support Team
May 14, 2009
Norfolk, UK
I have duck weed on some of my tanks, i think I spread it with my net or water jug. it does not seem to survive in some of my tanks and I think the fish eat it. where it grows I skim most off when I water change.
not sure what a 'wet and dry trickle filter ' is but I keep water surface agitated with filter return or air stone or venturi.

Tener ds

Mar 22, 2010
Crawley (uk)
I have duck weed on some of my tanks, i think I spread it with my net or water jug. it does not seem to survive in some of my tanks and I think the fish eat it. where it grows I skim most off when I water change.
not sure what a 'wet and dry trickle filter ' is but I keep water surface agitated with filter return or air stone or venturi.
the stuff is strange...i loves my 75L but dies in my edge,maybe dif lights :dk:

scobie140

May 4, 2011
Falkirk
the stuff is strange...i loves my 75L but dies in my edge,maybe dif lights :dk:
I agree, grow like mad in my 65L with two crappy house energy saving bulbs only on for about 4hours a day but stuggles to live in my 90L with proper aquatic bulb on 7hours a day, thriving amazon swoards and dosed with ferts.

Mooo

Aug 11, 2010
Jervis Bay, NSW, Au
I normally doesn't like surface movement..The tank I have with surface movement, it struggles to grow in them, but the ones with less surface movement, it grows it well...

Tener ds

Mar 22, 2010
Crawley (uk)
I normally doesn't like surface movement..The tank I have with surface movement, it struggles to grow in them, but the ones with less surface movement, it grows it well...
Odd, it's the other way round for me. My 75L has lots of movement on the
surface, grows well in this tank, and very little movement in the edge,it dies in
this tank.

dw1305

Global Moderators
Staff member
May 5, 2009
Wiltshire nr. Bath, UK
Hi all,
If anyone wants rid of some duckweed i will gladly pay for postage and take some from you thanks.
Do you just want Duckweed (Lemna minor)? I can send some, but I've got other spare floaters that you can have that are easier to manage.

cheers Darrel

thermalthong

May 29, 2012
Essex
Sorry for the late reply, I would be glad of anything to be fair mate as the stuff i did have (duckweed and frogbit) have slowly diminished over time so it would be nice to get the tank back up to how it was!!