Purple Pleco

modine

May 6, 2011
columbia TN
Hi I am new here and I saw a pic with a black pleco with purple stripes. I also read several articles where others have seen or owned them. (none on here though) But in the last few weeks of searching for this beautiful fish I can't seem to find A L#. I have been to several sites and searched their whole list reading every discription and viewing every pic posted but no such luck in even seeing this little guy again. My interest is to purchase one or more (if they are not dyed) does anyone know of such a fish, where to find one and the L# of it?

scatz

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
Devon, UK
I've never heard of a purple striped pleco either, unless someone is starting to dye zebras:wb:

st24rsap

Apr 21, 2009
UK
I've never heard of a purple striped pleco either, unless someone is starting to dye zebras:wb:
there was something about zebs being died red a while back might be from that, cant remember which forum it was on though :dk:

modine

May 6, 2011
columbia TN
yeah ill look for the articles again. Also I could probably find that pic I saw of the first one its just not my picture and would hate to get in trouble for the repost of it. but I guess some things may be worth the risk beacuse I want to find out more about this fish.

D-MAC

Jul 24, 2009
Lossiemouth
www.danditropicals.co.uk
yeah ill look for the articles again. Also I could probably find that pic I saw of the first one its just not my picture and would hate to get in trouble for the repost of it. but I guess some things may be worth the risk beacuse I want to find out more about this fish.
Just post the link and you won't get into trouble.