Tank Advice

Yoda

Apr 13, 2011
UK
Hi All,

I see there is another thread on fish houses, but didn't want to hijack that thread.

So, after a lot of thought, I have decided I want to start a small breeding project in my garage.

What is the best size tank to breed say 20cm Plecs and smaller?

Where in the UK is the best place to find the tanks? I have looked on all the usual places (Ebay, AC, Gumtree etc)for the past few weeks and haven't come up with much.
Would a glassmaker be able to make these for me at relatively low cost? I am diy challanged, so won't be able to make them myself.

Thanks
Yoda

macvsog23

Pleco Profiles Team - RIP FRIEND
May 1, 2009
Bristol
hi

I use 3 foot tanks split in to two to breed hypans a small pleco.
You can get 2nd hand tanks of this size quite easy from most places.

Regards bob

meloizias

Mar 23, 2011
Cobham
Mmm i using 2ft tanks which cost me 25 quid each and a simple sponge filter with a air pump, works out pretty cheap (ish). It would be cheaper to get say a 4ft tank and split it into 2 instead of getting 2 x 2ft tanks

Yoda

Apr 13, 2011
UK
Mmm i using 2ft tanks which cost me 25 quid each and a simple sponge filter with a air pump, works out pretty cheap (ish). It would be cheaper to get say a 4ft tank and split it into 2 instead of getting 2 x 2ft tanks
Where did you get yours from?
That's the sort of set up I had in mind.

meloizias

Mar 23, 2011
Cobham
LFS can order them for you form clearseal in any size you want.

though i got 25% off but i think the RRP is about £35 each, but you might be able to haggle with your LFS.

or i can order some for you and get oyu them at £25 each.