God I'm an Idiot

mikebren12

Nov 25, 2010
Wynyard Co Durham
So did a 20-25% water change yesterday.

Nothing wrong with that you might say!

So I'm home from work tonight checking out the plec's, thinking yeah there's the para, snowball, sunshine etc, one missing, not sure when the last time I saw it was.

And then :cry: boom I remember- It was messing around near the internal filter when I was re-assembling after cleaning.

So I'm checking all around, and then no it can't be its only wedged between the filter and the glass, tightly, and I mean tight, so I've carefully pulled the filter off the glass, and it drops to the bottom of the tank still, breathing for now, I'm suprised it not crushed to death.

so its been stuck wedged between the glass/filter for probs 30 hours.:wb::wb:

I've removed it to my quarintine tank, but not very hopeful.:dk:

Oh and the fish its the Choc zebra, (juvvie).

Like I said I'm an idiot.

Mike

JackGillett

Jan 10, 2010
Oxford
Damn sorry to hear that mate, but we all make silly mistakes. Im extremely careful with things that have gone wrong for me before, like vacuuming etc. My cories love to play who can get closest to the hose end without being sucked up :wb: i swear they enjoy whizzing through a pipe into a bucket and then back into the tank. Hows it looking?

Last edited:

zeebo

Jun 11, 2010
ct ,usa
hope he will be ok, yeah, I get paranoid when doing wc/vacuum cuz I have to replace everything, seems I find myself doing a triple checks before I put each rock or wood back... good that you checked and realized he was missing though. Fingers crossed.
Georgie

billyjimbo

Sep 16, 2009
Cheshire
Plecs

hope he will be ok, yeah, I get paranoid when doing wc/vacuum cuz I have to replace everything, seems I find myself doing a triple checks before I put each rock or wood back... good that you checked and realized he was missing though. Fingers crossed.
Georgie
I'm not the only one then? it takes me about 3 attempts before I actually let go of stuff I put back in. :lol:

Mooo

Aug 11, 2010
Jervis Bay, NSW, Au
Oops,
Yeah, we have all done that, trouble is thy can be so fast ya don't see em, the buggas,
Sorry to hear you squished it, I hope it has survived being a pleco sandwich for so long..
Don't be too hard on yourself..It happens..

scatz

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
Devon, UK
that really sucks Mike, sorry it didn't make it, but as everyone has shown, we all do similar at some point so dont beat yourself up over it

Yoda

Apr 13, 2011
UK
I did something equally as stupid not long ago.
Decided to give one of my tanks a good cleanout and took a lump of bogwood out. After about 15 mins or so, my eye caught sight of something flopping on the floor. 2 of my Khuli loaches. They must have been hiding in a crack in the wood.
Anyhow, I put them back in the tank straight away. But they didn't make it. Felt gutted because it was my fault.

But now, every time I take anything out of my tank, I check it to make sure there are no fish hiding.

foti

Apr 20, 2010
Sydney AUS 2206
Damn sorry to hear that mate, but we all make silly mistakes. Im extremely careful with things that have gone wrong for me before, like vacuuming etc. My cories love to play who can get closest to the hose end without being sucked up :wb: i swear they enjoy whizzing through a pipe into a bucket and then back into the tank. Hows it looking?
thats true here is my story http://www.plecoplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10373

that really sucks Mike, sorry it didn't make it, but as everyone has shown, we all do similar at some point so dont beat yourself up over it
well said

I did something equally as stupid not long ago.
Decided to give one of my tanks a good cleanout and took a lump of bogwood out. After about 15 mins or so, my eye caught sight of something flopping on the floor. 2 of my Khuli loaches. They must have been hiding in a crack in the wood.
Anyhow, I put them back in the tank straight away. But they didn't make it. Felt gutted because it was my fault.

But now, every time I take anything out of my tank, I check it to make sure there are no fish hiding.
yeap driftwood out of tank is always the problem i take it out put it in take it out over and over till i am sure everything is off but then i just place it on a large tub lid and i am finding my self always checking it as i am doing what i need to do
and yep
i always find something! sucks!

I feel your pain!!!
sorry that you lost your plec