Hi

Tikibirds

Nov 7, 2012
New York
Hello.

My name is Laura and I am new to Pleco ownership but not fishkeeping. However my 2 clown plecos are my first venture into the fish world outside of bettas.

I found this place while searching out how to tell what genders the clowns are. I still don't know as i never see them long enough to compare them to the pics online. :wb:

I live in NY and besides the fish, I also have one female chinchilla and one male american eskimo dog.

Tikibirds

Nov 7, 2012
New York
Thanks everyone :clap:

As for other fish - I have 15 bettas. Most of the males are in divided 10 gallons and the females live together in a 20G long. One is in a 5 gallon and 2 are in 3 gallons.

here they are the day they came in the mail - about 3 weeks ago.

Mr Magic Mushrooms during a water change. he does not look happy with the whole cup thing. He is special. I drove him and Sluggles from Alaska to NY in January. The are the only two to survive the Great Fish Freeze in the yukon.

This is Sluggles. I found him in walmart about a week before I left Alaska. He was in HORRIBLE shape. Ammonia in his cup registered at an 8, most of his fins were rotted off, he was on his side with rapid gill movement. I seriously didnt think he would survive the night. Plus he couldn't swim.

I have snails too. Took 2 (hairy ones) out of a lake and everyday for like 2 weeks i found a new baby trapdoor snail. I found homes for most :clap:

Lucky Stars - the ammoia in his cup turned the water blue. That's not even on the API ammonia chart!