New co2 kit

Doodles

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
:D
This kit comes with a disposable bottle but you can get an adapter thingy and use refillables which i will do. Good thing is refillables are available at maidenhead aquatics, so take one in and swap for filled one for £16. Should last for months on a 30 litre nano.

Doodles

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
Yep i will, need to rearrange the tank, got a fast growing plant to get it as well lol.

Doodles

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
um no:cry:£124 from maidenhead, probably could of got it cheaper online. Setting it up tomorrow plus adding a couple of plants and cleaning all the gunk that has come out of the wood.

FF MkII

Retired Staff
Apr 28, 2009
North Yorks
Did you know you can use fire extinguishers? CO2 ones obviously, i wouldnt want anyone getting a foam one and using it on their planted tank.

Last edited:

Doodles

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
Was thinking of buying one of these for a 60 litre tank, Is it easy to set up & maintain?
:yes:

You might want to consider the u402 as it includes a night switch off. The u401 doesn't have one so you would have to turn the cannister off every night and back on in the morning plus monitor the bubble counter. You can also buy a convertor so you can use refillable bottles.