Could you help Id this female please :-)

wolverine2031

Nov 29, 2009
Sheffield
Bought this as a female bristlenose, and the owner said she was about 4months old, I would say she is more like about 8-14months old looking at her size of about 5 inches.

Some have said she looks like a blue ancistrus jari, however if you compare them they are nothing alike really...

She as blue around the eyes, and her fins and tail and body seem to have blue highlights in them...

Others have said she could be a BN cross with a blue ancistrus... what do you guys think...

http://www.bristlenoseworld.com/the-id-labratory-f27/a-blue-eyed-beauty-to-id-for-me-please-t1912.htm

if link does not work sorry as not sure how successful pics will be when posting.

kind regards

LJ

Attachments

thegeeman

Apr 21, 2009
In the house of gee
Looks nothing like the "jari" that I have. Mine look slate grey with blue around the fins and bristles. They also have sky blue spots. Most days mine just look like L100

Cheers

thegeeman

wolverine2031

Nov 29, 2009
Sheffield
ohh no...not a common... but blue!

hope she not a common coz if it is she will out grow the current tank as she is in with a albino sailfin and also 2male and 2 female brown bristlenose.... oops best get the 4ft tank ready in 3 months then...lol

Lornek8

Apr 21, 2009
Hawaii
hope she not a common coz if it is she will out grow the current tank as she is in with a albino sailfin and also 2male and 2 female brown bristlenose.... oops best get the 4ft tank ready in 3 months then...lol
Common BN as in brown BN. Not "Common" as in Pterygoplichthys the ones that get huge.