Crayfish vs hairy puffer

zeebo

Jun 11, 2010
ct ,usa
:fr:eek:h my goodness, I had to stop watching half way through. I know it is just nature ,but that's why I have to turn the Animal Planet Channel off so often.

*note to self -no puffers!

Jackson

Jan 14, 2011
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Lol I will post some pics/vids
Looking forward to them :)

I had a bunch of puffers until recently. I've sold off many fish in the last few months.

My favorite so far that I've owned personality wise is a mbu or fahaka
My old mbu was like a dog in water they let you pet them and really are big puppies.
My old fahaka not so nice mean nda strong but it made you feel wanted. It would follow me around when I walked past the tank and when I used to walk up to the tank it would hit the glass trying to get at me.
I just interpreted that as if one of my dogs was jumping on me happy I'm home lol

Aggression wise Miurus or Baileyi

Jackson

Jan 14, 2011
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
:fr:eek:h my goodness, I had to stop watching half way through. I know it is just nature ,but that's why I have to turn the Animal Planet Channel off so often.

*note to self -no puffers!
I can't watch mammals eating mammals or reptiles eating mammals.
It just makes me sick.
Fish eating fish or inverts doesn't bother me in any way as long as it's beneficial and not for fun.

I've tried my hardest to get this turd to eat snails but it won't eat them and if it does a snail it eats what little flesh it can grab and doesn't attack the shell and munch it down like I need it to
do. I need to avoid having to tranquilize the puffer to perform a little dental procedure.
So for the time being the hard shelled crayfish who I fatten up and QT for a month each time I buy a new bunch are the only hard foods it will accept and eat properly. it's not cheap as well last time I had to buy some super red lobster/crayfish that were going for 19.99 each I'm lucky the manager of the store knows me and knows these are not going to be resold so I payed cost and it was close to $5 a pop. Turds eats richer than I do lol

I'll tell you this once I bought a puffer when I was 15 ( Miurus puffer ) it died 6 years later. Since then I've never not owned a puffer.
They are fascinating fish with great personality. They are also extremely abused in our hobby.

Last edited:

zeebo

Jun 11, 2010
ct ,usa
I can't watch mammals eating mammals or reptiles eating mammals.
It just makes me sick.
Fish eating fish or inverts doesn't bother me in any way as long as it's beneficial and not for fun.

I've tried my hardest to get this turd to eat snails but it won't eat them and if it does a snail it eats what little flesh it can grab and doesn't attack the shell and munch it down like I need it to
do. I need to avoid having to tranquilize the puffer to perform a little dental procedure.
So for the time being the hard shelled crayfish who I fatten up and QT for a month each time I buy a new bunch are the only hard foods it will accept and eat properly. it's not cheap as well last time I had to buy some super red lobster/crayfish that were going for 19.99 each I'm lucky the manager of the store knows me and knows these are not going to be resold so I payed cost and it was close to $5 a pop. Turds eats richer than I do lol

I'll tell you this once I bought a puffer when I was 15 ( Miurus puffer ) it died 6 years later. Since then I've never not owned a puffer.
They are fascinating fish with great personality. They are also extremely abused in our hobby.
damn, a dental procedure on that guy ! Better not only watch your fingers, but watch your hand too:lol:

By the way, I showed your video to my husband(he dosen't mind watching anything being eaten alive) promised during a show we were watching that the killer whale was not gonna eat the seal he was tossing up out of the water, and said it was safe to look . YIKES ! still have that vision in my head !

Well wish you well on the dental procedure, really.

Jackson

Jan 14, 2011
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
damn, a dental procedure on that guy ! Better not only watch your fingers, but watch your hand too:lol:

By the way, I showed your video to my husband(he dosen't mind watching anything being eaten alive) promised during a show we were watching that the killer whale was not gonna eat the seal he was tossing up out of the water, and said it was safe to look . YIKES ! still have that vision in my head !

Well wish you well on the dental procedure, really.
LoL

So far so good so no teeth trimming :)

Next time I'll take a video of it eating frozen foods it's pretty funny how much of a pig it can be :)

zeebo

Jun 11, 2010
ct ,usa
cool, frozen foods work for me too , thanks, then i wont have to think about that poor crayfish anymore. :thumbup: thanks

zeebo

Jun 11, 2010
ct ,usa

It is pretty awesome I must admit but I'm not a cruel person in any way.
hummm, I swear I've heard those exact words from'' Norman Bates ''at the end of the movie :->

sorry, had to do it, but I am sure you really are a cool person, like i said , my husband dosen't mind looking at worse stuff...esp horror flicks !

hope you're cool with this post, couldn't help it ....:hi:

Jackson

Jan 14, 2011
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
hummm, I swear I've heard those exact words from'' Norman Bates ''at the end of the movie :->

sorry, had to do it, but I am sure you really are a cool person, like i said , my husband dosen't mind looking at worse stuff...esp horror flicks !

hope you're cool with this post, couldn't help it ....:hi:
I think I hear my mom calling me I'll be right back.

Pirarucu

Jan 6, 2010
Gold Coast (Queensland)

It is pretty awesome I must admit but I'm not a cruel person in any way.
I defiantly wasn't thinking your a cruel person just that puffers are ambush Predators...your just keeping him happy, they would eat crayfish in the wild so i don't see any difference...I'm a herpetologist and used to keep many snakes...i fed them live rats.

Jackson

Jan 14, 2011
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I defiantly wasn't thinking your a cruel person just that puffers are ambush Predators...your just keeping him happy, they would eat crayfish in the wild so i don't see any difference...I'm a herpetologist and used to keep many snakes...i fed them live rats.

It was not directed towards you.
My comment was just a general statement for others who might think I am :)

Oh man live rats being eaten is not for me.
But seeing those frozen ziploc bags full of rats makes me even sicker.

Once my buddy who has a huge collection of snakes and tegus needed help with a new enclosure. He drank while we worked. After all the work was done it was time to feed a few snakes. Well he forgot to take them out earlier. Long story short a drunk guy a bags of frozen rats and a microwave equals a smell I'll never forget.
Burned into my brain for life lolol