to treat or not

Tener ds

Mar 22, 2010
Crawley (uk)
just fished out a half dead neon tetra from my big tank.poor thing was coverd in fungus and he had what looked like bloat too.did the right thing and checked the rest of the tank.
No other fish is showing any problems yet,so should i treat the tank just in case or wait to see what happens?

Lornek8

Apr 21, 2009
Hawaii
I'd leave it & monitor. Fungus is typically opportunistic & rarely the inital problem. Usually something else happens (wound, disease) which allows the fungus to become established.

Tener ds

Mar 22, 2010
Crawley (uk)
well i now have 2 galaxy rasboras with the same problem in my small tank.
nowt has been added or changed in both tanks.did a water test on both tanks,all ok.
also tested my stored water,ok,but the weather is very cold so would the water bored add stuff
to the mains??just hope this don,t spread to the rest of my fish.

Lornek8

Apr 21, 2009
Hawaii
Do you use the same equipment (neets, siphons, containers,etc) between the two tanks? Its a good way to spread diseases between tanks. Also could even be as simple as sticking your wet hands in each tank.

Tener ds

Mar 22, 2010
Crawley (uk)
Now 2 other galaxy's are showing signs fungus and bloat.
I've been doing water changes every day,should I add some aquarium salt
to help them?

Tener ds

Mar 22, 2010
Crawley (uk)
well to late for the galaxys.
but now in the big tank the platy is showing the same signs.
the problem is hes sitting on the bottom at the back of the tank,cant get a good look at him.

bigbird

Pleco Profiles Moderator - RIP FRIEND
Sep 9, 2010
Sydney, AUSTRALIA
treat with the twin fixes add more air to the water but watch you co2 and raise temp maybe by 2c. cheers jk :thumbup:

Tener ds

Mar 22, 2010
Crawley (uk)
Platy didn't make it. Have put the air on early tonight and I'll do a large water change
tomorrow. As far as I know the rest of my fish are ok.
Maybe large water changes might help for a day or 2, just in case.

Last edited: