DISASTER L134

mick the fish

Sep 18, 2011
tyneside
got up this morning to find one w/c and three f1 l134s dead seems to be no reason that ican think of.got 6 f1s last saturday and twow/c from ferrybridge sunday all was well in there tank untill this morning any advice greatfully accepted

rickyjjuk

Jun 3, 2009
Suffolk
A bit more information on tank conditions and was there any marks on the fish or were they bloated etc would help :)

Regards

Ricky

bigbird

Pleco Profiles Moderator - RIP FRIEND
Sep 9, 2010
Sydney, AUSTRALIA
Hello mick,

sorry for your loss.
SOme more info indeed is needed. When did you do the last water change ? Did you quarantine your new fish ? etc. cheers jk

Irene0100

UK Support Team
May 14, 2009
Norfolk, UK
how big is tank? were there many plants in the tank?
what filtration / air stones etc?
to die that quickly suggests to me a water problem, either too much toxin in water or not enough oxygen maybe

dw1305

Global Moderators
Staff member
May 5, 2009
Wiltshire nr. Bath, UK
Hi all,
Irene wrote,
or not enough oxygen
Sorry to hear about your loss, my suspicion would be that it is insufficient oxygen. Aeration and oxygenation are quite complex subjects, and unfortunately the level of oxygen in the tank water is difficult to measure.

Lack of oxygen in the tank water is often a symptom of insufficient biological filtration, leading to a build up of ammonia and or nitrite, you then get a vicious circle of low oxygen levels leading to less efficient biological filtration, which leads to lower oxygen levels, which lead to even less biological filtration and even lower oxygen levels etc.

Have a look here, and see if it might be relevant to your loss: <http://plecoplanet.com/?page_id=829>

cheers Darrel

mick the fish

Sep 18, 2011
tyneside
think iv got to the bottom of trouble ,lack of oxy stupid stupid error on my behalf but all sorted now remaing fish looking great again thanks for all the help