hello everyone

jute

May 19, 2011
portsmouth
i found this forum by accident on another fish forum i belong too. i am a novice and have guppies, platys, an oranda, 2 apple snails and one plec. oh and also a small tank full of guppie fry!:woohoo: i have to admit that at first i only got my plec cos people said they help keep tanks clean and to be honest, i thought he was very ugly and called him herman (after the monster):cry: after i had taken a good long look at him and his markings, i found him fascinating <3<3 he is very small and hasnt grown since i bought him (in march) he is only about an inch long but i love him!! i have now started to read up about these fish and i love the zebras but i am trying to get another one the same as herman but the fish shop hasnt had any in since! i got him from the cold water section. anyway, i hope to learn a lot more about these beautiful creatures and can anyone tell me what a cory is???

macvsog23

Pleco Profiles Team - RIP FRIEND
May 1, 2009
Bristol
Welcome to the no1 site for plecos information
A Cory is the short name given to a group of small catfish called Corydoras
They are generaly easy to keep and not hard to spawn good water and a bit of care is all that is needed.
Do you have a photo of your "Pleco"? may be some one can Id it for you?

jute

May 19, 2011
portsmouth
thankyou for your welcome, not good with computers but my son is going to teach me how to put photos on. i will try totake photo of herman, but he hides a lot, or when he is out, he is a very fast swimmer, he looks a bit like a hovercraft if that is any help. (probably not!)

jute

May 19, 2011
portsmouth
oh god, i tell everyone i gotta plec, but he isnt, he is a loach, whats the difference? (please dont laugh) no wonder i could never find him when looking at plec pictures. i still want zebras though.

Pleco Fan

May 6, 2011
England West Yorkshire
oh god, i tell everyone i gotta plec, but he isnt, he is a loach, whats the difference? (please dont laugh) no wonder i could never find him when looking at plec pictures. i still want zebras though.
Welcome :hi: so he is a loach, loaches are fasinating to watch but they belong to a different family from plecs.

Mooo

Aug 11, 2010
Jervis Bay, NSW, Au
Loaches are fun with their comical antics, they do like to be in a group of three or more..you won't have any snail issues with a loach in the tank either they love em..
So you better get yourself a Bristlenose to play with now :yes:

mark520

Jun 20, 2011
Anchorage
hello.. i am Mark from USA ,Ak,Anchorage,nice to meet you,im just new here..i'll hope that i can have new friend here..