Finally

YAL05T

Global Moderators
Staff member
May 22, 2009
North of Sydney
Okay I know that these species have been spawned many times but for me it's a break through. I have been on a P. compa drought for about 3 years, yesterday I found a batch of 15 so I'm pretty happy about that.

The second bigger surprise was my Peckoltia L387 have had their first spawn. No idea on how many as they have been busy in a hidden cave.

Lastly my L080 are still going strong. The leucistic looking fish have darkened to a mottled grey, not looking like their brothers and sisters at all. I have a few blurred crappy pics, still trying to work out the new DSLR.

Anyway I figured its worth having a celebratory beer tonight after the recent losses.

Bigjohnnofish

Global Moderators
Staff member
Apr 15, 2010
Perth, Western Australia
yeah i was sorta doing the same thing on an uneven scale....

got a batch of white 007 eggs other morning.... pretty disappointed 4th lot in a row that have been infertile... although 3rd lot was 2/3 infertile and a 1/3 good... i wasnt a happy camper... but then after going out to back fish room i found my albino guppies had spat out 20-25 little ones and i got there just in time before they started to get eaten... so caught them out and was treated to the female spitting out 5 more while i was catching... had spat out little ones before but must have eaten them before i saw them... you can tell if they are virgins or not by the colour of the females back sides!!! ya know where the fry get spat out from !!! :lol:

anyway made me feel better and i forgot about the infertile 007 eggs :thumbup:
celebrated by taking my falcon out and laying some rubber :whistle:

foti

Apr 20, 2010
Sydney AUS 2206
Okay I know that these species have been spawned many times but for me it's a break through. I have been on a P. compa drought for about 3 years, yesterday I found a batch of 15 so I'm pretty happy about that.

The second bigger surprise was my Peckoltia L387 have had their first spawn. No idea on how many as they have been busy in a hidden cave.

Lastly my L080 are still going strong. The leucistic looking fish have darkened to a mottled grey, not looking like their brothers and sisters at all. I have a few blurred crappy pics, still trying to work out the new DSLR.

Anyway I figured its worth having a celebratory beer tonight after the recent losses.
Sorry don't understand first paragraph what fish did you get to spawn after 3yrs? I'm thinking you started on the beers already :)

Nat's Fish

Nov 14, 2011
My 134 are in a drought too! :( Any triggers mate or they just stopped being lazy? I'm getting lots of trappings after water changes, heater off and water getting to 25 but no luck

Bigjohnnofish

Global Moderators
Staff member
Apr 15, 2010
Perth, Western Australia
total change of tank can work...

put em in a bucket like your selling them for an hour then put them into a new tank with different water parameters and different furniture.... and then ignore them... just feed and do minimum water changes to keep nitrates low...
mate of mine used to use a denitrator and wouldnt do any water changes for 3 months then do one big one 90% and slow trickle fill up... spawn within a week....

Nat's Fish

Nov 14, 2011
They will be getting some neglect for a few weeks now so that might work
I'd definitely give that a try Johnno if I had a spare tank
Cheers