New Breeding setup for Lnumbers

mvee

Oct 25, 2014
hampton park
hey guys, this is my first ever post, not sure im even doing it right as iv never used a forum before. :dk:

so after a good 2 years away from the aquarium hobby iv jumped back in.

i plan on setting up a tier system to house 2 breeding pairs above, and a grow out tank in the middle,

ill be posting pictures as soon as a i start building and would love to get peoples opinions and advice :D

Just purchased my tanks and timber today, as i have little room to play with iv gone with 2 3ftx18''x18'' tanks stacked 1 on top of another, i plan to use a sump of some kind just wanting to go with a cheap option.

inside the tanks ill be running some sponge filters and having 2 over flows on one side and a spray bar on another side.

both tanks will drop down to a sump of some kind and pumped back up to the individual tanks.

some advice on sump layouts, rack layouts, filtration, heating and servicing would be fantastic

:thumbup:

Bigjohnnofish

Global Moderators
Staff member
Apr 15, 2010
Perth, Western Australia
theres a million ways to set up tanks and racks.... some good - some not so good depending on what your doing... my advice is go look at some other setups for ideas and trouble shoot any mistakes other systems may have....

and then design yours...

mvee

Oct 25, 2014
hampton park
update - stand built, painted tanks and all plumbing installed, waiting to upgrade my eheim 3000 compact to the 5000 as i wasent getting enuff flow to both tanks at full pump capacity.

i desided to go with my owwn custom built sump tub thing.

photos coming soon.