Hypancistrus hybrid

AleGer

Jul 12, 2011
Ukraine, Kiev
OwNz, oh yes. you are right.

Unfortunately I haven't had enough free time to take photos and update my threads.
Yesterday I took some new photos and I hope I will update this thread soon.

Ike

Nov 9, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
Love seeing this little cat's progress, almost want to make a flip book out of all the pic and watch him grow.

AleGer

Jul 12, 2011
Ukraine, Kiev
Unfortunately, I haven't got enough spare time lately.
But I have some photos to update for this topic and for the topic about caves from bone.
I still I wish I'll be able to post them as soon as possible.

As more info for this thread:
I split mine L340 and L411.
I moved my L411 to another tank. But I had to move to the same tank my L136 subadults.

And the same story. Now I have hybrids L411XL136 too. (Will post some photos later.) And now I have the other problem - to split L136 and L411.

AleGer

Jul 12, 2011
Ukraine, Kiev
It was quite long ago since I did the last post here.
Now the hybrid more then 5 cm long.

The hybrid fry 241 days:

Also some other hybrids appeared in this tank. Now I split all the species. Finally no more hybrids!

Hybrid L136XL411:

Hybrid L136XL340:

bigbird

Pleco Profiles Moderator - RIP FRIEND
Sep 9, 2010
Sydney, AUSTRALIA
indeed he has grown.
Just one question adn I will be honest, I am not a fan of cross breeding, but what will you do with all of these cross bred Ls ? If you sell them, do you tell people ? It is just scary that you have such a large mix and might sell on or trade crossbreeds and then the cycle has started and no more pure bred ?
cheers jk :thumbup:

AleGer

Jul 12, 2011
Ukraine, Kiev
bigbird, I have 11 hybrid fish. I'm not going to sell them. Maybe I will give some of them to my friend, but he knows that they are hybrids.

I'm not a fan of hybrids, but I just would like to take some photos of adult hybrids. I'm not going to produce more hybrids.