Yippee

Amy

Jun 1, 2010
Canada
Well I am so excited, I twisted the arm of the fellow I got my first L144 from. He broke down and sold me 2 more so now I have 3 and hopefully a pair and if not that is just fine as they are just so beautiful to look at no matter what.

The tank I have setup for them is black gravel, black background, large piece of mopani and a few tunnels for them too. This setup just makes their color pop and they are so lovely in there.

They are young yet so it will take time for them to grow and mature. I was told they are about 5-6 months old.

I don' t know if you all can get these fish easily but dang they are impossible here as I have been searching the past week for some and no one can get them in so i am very happy to have bought these 3 for the whopping price os $10.00 as I gave him 2 adult Discus I had to rehome.

Say what is the normal price for them ??

If you can get them here (if) they are going for 35-50 per fish. Yikes

scatz

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
Devon, UK
really pleased for you, you sound over the moon:clap:
the tank sounds like its going to show them off really well, any chance of some pics in the near future?:D

Amy

Jun 1, 2010
Canada
Yes I sure will be posting pics soon, right now they are settling in.

I wanted it to be a show tank for them. They are so so beautiful to me. I know you prefer the regular fin ones but this is something we just don't see here so I am so thrilled to have them.

I also took a look at what he called his L15 and they do not resemble the ones I have seen on the internet, I think they are a real mix of something else. Not very nice looking to me anyways.

Irene0100

UK Support Team
May 14, 2009
Norfolk, UK
long fin common BNs, brown and albino are getting quite common here, no idea about l144. anyway sounds like you made a good choice. L15 should be really pretty, if not then it may be a hybrid or something else.
anyway tank sounds really interesting! would love to see pic when you are ready.
good luck