Help breeding l201,l240,l450 and l134

Plecos1984

Dec 16, 2016
Canada
Hi

I'm looking for anyone that could give me some advice on getting my groups of l201, l240, l134and l450 to start breeding. I have looked online and the best advice was that I should leave them alone and don't disturb them, but I do gravel cleans often and sometimes move around there caves when I'm gravel cleaning, should I stop gravel cleaning and just do water changes so I don't bother them as much, all groups are using caves but no breeding yet

Thanks for the help

Nick

L-ko

Global Moderators
Staff member
Oct 15, 2010
Weimar, Germany
www.welsfans.de

Plecos1984

Dec 16, 2016
Canada
Hi Elko

Thanks for the reply, I do you think I should just do water changes instead of gravel cleanings. The reason I'm doing gravel cleanings is because the amount of waste that they make. But I think maybe because I gravel clean I am bothering them to much.

Thanks

Nick

L-ko

Global Moderators
Staff member
Oct 15, 2010
Weimar, Germany
www.welsfans.de
Hi Nick,

if you feed what they need, there are only a few wastes.
Probably, is it a optical problem? But, when you clean the gravel once the week, that's no problem (in the time they havn´t eggs).

Greetings
Elko

Plecos1984

Dec 16, 2016
Canada
Hi Elko

I don't over feed I only feed as much are they need, mayve I will do the gravel clean 1 time per week and the rest of the time I'll just do water changes, the tanks don't look very dirty I guess it's just me wanting to keep them very clean all the time, I have only had breeding from the l201 one time but the eggs got eaten, the rest of the plecos have not bred for me yet but are in the caves all the time so hopefully they will breed soon

Thanks

Nick