Can a common BN pleco cross with an L270?

kitkat67

Oct 2, 2016
New York
As the title asks, can it happen? I am pretty new to plecos and know very little about their genetics. Someone on a FB group had the same question but for a different L#.

I have a BN pleco in the tank I am planning on moving my L270 group into and was wondering it there would be a problem with potential crossing or aggression. The L270s stay in their caves and the BN pleco likes to hang out at the top of the tank where a vine branch stretches across.

Can Ancistrus and Hypancistrus cross? Thanks so much in advance for any replies!

-Kat

dw1305

Global Moderators
Staff member
May 5, 2009
Wiltshire nr. Bath, UK
Hi all,
As the title asks, can it happen? I am pretty new to plecos and know very little about their genetics. Someone on a FB group had the same question but for a different L#.

I have a BN pleco in the tank I am planning on moving my L270 group into and was wondering it there would be a problem with potential crossing or aggression. The L270s stay in their caves and the BN pleco likes to hang out at the top of the tank where a vine branch stretches across.

Can Ancistrus and Hypancistrus cross? Thanks so much in advance for any replies!

-Kat
No.

But you may get some fighting for caves.

cheers Darrel