Hello!

kitkat67

Oct 2, 2016
New York
Hello, everyone! I've been looking to join a pleco forum for a while now and here I am! I have a few years' experience breeding bettas and mystery snails and most recently have tried and succeeded with rabbit and volcano snails and red cherry shrimp (but they don't need help to begin with!). I am located in the States and am on the hunt for L015s. I have been getting supplies and such to set up their own tank. I am in my last year of a biotech bachelors program, hoping to go into nursing. My goals are to become a L&D nurse and breed fishies and scrimpsies in my basement (or a climate-controlled fish room if I ever come into money).

I have attempted keeping BN plecos and Hillstream loaches for 3-4 years now but it only took my stubborn self until now to realize they need a cycled tank to survive in. Derp. Moving my tank back and forth from school meant it was forever having to re-cycle. I bought a candy-striped plec a couple months ago and really like this cutie. I actually have not seen it the past two weekends I have come home from Uni. My 75L aquarium is packed with subwassertang and over-sized swords so I am hoping it is just in hiding. :\

That tank is the only tank I have, atm. It is packed with a myriad of critters including this summer's betta spawn, high grade RCS, a couple of kuhli loaches, peppermint mystery snail sub-adults, yellow/chocolate/spotted rabbit snails, blue and bi-color faunus snails, a couple nerites, and hundreds upon hundreds of baby ivory mystery snails and MTS.

Hoping to set up a pleco tank soon and move the RCS and faunus snails over to that one. If you know of any US L015 breeders with stock to sell, send them my way!

Kat