• Microbe-Lift Xtreme

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tetra Safestart

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

mike0605

Nov 2, 2009
Hoylake (Wirral)
I voted none as i used to constantly purchase and use the API products then bought some african cichlids off various local breeders who have been successful breeding tropheus and malawi cichlids for years and I asked each breeder what conditioner they used and each replied none. One explained that the filter in the aquarium quickly removes any chlorine etc.

Curious and not wanting to waste money on conditioner if it is not required I tried not using conditioner in 1 of my tanks for a few weeks and all of the fish were fine so now I don't bother using any conditioner and fingers crossed I have never had a problem.

If anyone can convince me of any benefits of using conditioner I may revert back to it.

Thanks

JoePlec

Aug 27, 2010
Rainhill, Merseyside
I voted none as i used to constantly purchase and use the API products then bought some african cichlids off various local breeders who have been successful breeding tropheus and malawi cichlids for years and I asked each breeder what conditioner they used and each replied none. One explained that the filter in the aquarium quickly removes any chlorine etc.

Curious and not wanting to waste money on conditioner if it is not required I tried not using conditioner in 1 of my tanks for a few weeks and all of the fish were fine so now I don't bother using any conditioner and fingers crossed I have never had a problem.

If anyone can convince me of any benefits of using conditioner I may revert back to it.

Thanks
Alright Mike. Thought u went marine :whistle:

Every breeder i know uses water straight from the tap or water thats been stored overnight, I dont use a lot either. I do use PRIME when first setting up a tank. But water changes are either straight from the tap or from stored untreated water.

titan

May 26, 2010
west midlands
i think tetra aquasafe is a rip off, nutrafin aqua plus is just as good but you only need to use half the dosage as the tetra so saving you money

Ekso

May 27, 2012
Michigan, United States
Easybalance doesn't remove Chlorine or Chloramine

Like the title says, it should be noted that Tetra Safe-start and Tetra Easy balance doesn't act as a dechlorinator... Says so right on the back :) Just thought I'd put that out there...