HELP my L333 is missing a tail

sky

Jun 20, 2011
Adelaide
hi eveeryone just thought i'll update you guys on the 333, he is doing really well and is back in the main tank. i was afraid he will get bully by the others so have been keeping a very close eye on him, but he seem to be doing just fine enjoying his freedom lol (lock up in breeder box). here's some new shots i took earlier.

xingu

Apr 26, 2009
DXB
That's pretty amazing.

Without wanting to tempt fate I would say that as long as it can compete for food then you seem to have brought it back from the brink.

Well done

beencees

Nov 5, 2011
Brisbane
Must admit i was pretty doubtful of this guys chances when i first saw him but it looks like he is a real aussie battler and not going to pack it in after all.
Really happy he seems to have made it. Well done.

zeebo

Jun 11, 2010
ct ,usa
wow, what a nice comeback ! You are doing him fine it seems, looks real good. I would keep following the treatment others advised and I really think he looks good, real good, especially from that first pic. Shows how much you care for him and how much of a fighter he is :yes:

Thanks for the update.

Mooo

Aug 11, 2010
Jervis Bay, NSW, Au
It's all looking great..Keep doing what your doing, Oh & pat yourself on the back, I think you may have saved the poor creature from a very nasty death :clap::thumbup::woohoo:

sky

Jun 20, 2011
Adelaide
Thanks mooo, he is still doing well out in the 6ft. He is not even hiding or anything just out and about and when I feed he is one of the first to come out to eat which is great. I think he will be just fine, for his tail I don't think it'll ever grow back but he still looks really handsome in a funny way lol. And if u guys want I will update some pictures in a month or so just to let you guys know how he is doing. And I didn't try the betadine I just use melafix but in the future if I have the same problem I will definitely try it, it sounds like a really good idea, it works for us why not fishes right?

Phenomena

Jul 12, 2010
Sydney
Well done. My L201 was worse than that. It's shorter. A short tail grew back. Looks odd but the fish survive. I'll show him when I have time to take a photo.