Pimple like growth on the nostril of my golden nugget pleco

rattlesnakerocka

Dec 4, 2011
Louisiana
Hi I know I have a lot of things to answer as far as tank quality goes and such, but I will answer this as best I can simply. The tank is practically perfect I am not a newbie, I have been doing this since I was eight and I am now 21 and an avid enthusiast of freaky unique hard to keep fish. All Ph is perfect nitrates and nitrites very low. Freshwater plants are thriving in the tank. Do water changes every week the whole nine yards literally the tank is perfectly kept as are all of my tanks. Now the issue at hand. I recently purchased what my LPS said was a orange seam pleco. He looks like a golden nugget to me but they insisted otherwise. He is gorgeous and was a great and cheap find at ten dollars. In any case he has developed a redish bump on his nostril. I put him in a quarantine tank to begin with and have been treating with what I consider the miracle cure Maroxy. I love the stuff. I have some pictures to go along with this. Please help. I love this little guy and do not want to lose him. The pictures are not the greatest but i have a few. I just hope someone can help. I have never seen anything like this before.

Attachments

Irene0100

UK Support Team
May 14, 2009
Norfolk, UK
sorry I cant tell from pic, too small. can you put full pic up instead of thumbnail?
could it be heater burn or infection after fighting?