Killed my first Aiptasia.

ccole

Jan 15, 2011
norfolk
that really suck bre!!! I have no idea about marine things so have totaly respect to you for even getting this far! do you mind me asking why you inject vinegar ?
r.i.p
cole

Brengun

Global Moderators
Staff member
Apr 22, 2009
Burrum Heads, Queensland, Australia
The acidic pH shock is supposed to kill them. If it doesn't, another way is to inject boiling water. I didn't really think one wild anemone was worth buying a bottle of commercial killer.

ccole

Jan 15, 2011
norfolk
lol you we're a borne killer!!!! can you tell me why they are so bad? like i said i know nothing :)

Lornek8

Apr 21, 2009
Hawaii
They are a pest in the aquarium. They are akin to snails in a freshwater aquarium. Once they get established they can reproduce uncontrollably & cover everything in the tank. Made the mistake of purposly introducing one to a tank one time, ended up having to break down the tank to get rid of them because I let them go to far.

pleco_man

Sep 3, 2010
Sydney
Hi mate another good way of killing them is to introduce some Peppermint shrimp (usually eat the smaller ones) or you can mix calcium powder with RO water (make sure the RO is concentrated with Ca Powder) and inject this directly. Just be careful as Ca powder heats up when mixing with water.

Brengun

Global Moderators
Staff member
Apr 22, 2009
They are an anemone and they can sting other corals. They only get to about 1 to 2cm or up to an inch but they can multiply like crazy. Another name for them is glass anemone.
There are 22 or 23 species of them but most aren't that bad. The one pictured is the real bad one.

Brengun

Global Moderators
Staff member
Apr 22, 2009
It must have died as it never came back and there is an empty hole in the rock where it was seated. I have kept an eye on the rest of the tank in case it might have moved but havent seen anything.