Recent BN Death...

Doodles

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
Possibly a bacterial infection.

Whats the tank params, temp, ph?
any change in the above?

Anything changed in the tank? new additions etc?

The whiteness, is is lack of colour?, not fungus

Tony_s

May 4, 2009
Wisconsin
Sorry to hear Curby.

That red sore on the head looks like a burn of some kind,was the fish by the heater lately?

Rabbit

Retired Staff
Apr 21, 2009
Auckland, NZ
Yeah i thought the same smith, it appears to be an injury that has led to an infection more probably bacterial.

Curby

May 10, 2009
Bolton UK
www.bristlenoseworld.com
sorry he has gone.
did you keep him with other males?- looks like a fight in the night and then infection.
He was a She lol........all my other plecs are well healthy and test's on my water are perfect...but she was very agressive towards other BN's and would bully them at feeding time......what im guesing is that she had a fight and wouldnt back down..thats how she always was but maybe she picked on my large L182's ??? and got a nasty surprise.....
Like i said she was pefectly fine then a day later looked battered and bruised so i moved her into my hospital tank and carried out a 3 day treatment with Esha 2000....she died on the third day just when she seemed to be getting better...the infection must have been bad and maybe thats my fault for leaving her in my large tank a day longer than she should have been, but i thought it would clear up but it didnt so i had no choice but to try and treat her as it continued to get worse......

Anywayz thanks for your support.....:(

I

intrepidmax

while I had a bit of time away from the net. I managed to find out what this is .....no surprises really. but its a simple bacterial infection........but apparently its really hard to get rid of and has (as you know) serious consequences for the fish.

hope this helps for the future.

Curby

May 10, 2009
Bolton UK
www.bristlenoseworld.com
while I had a bit of time away from the net. I managed to find out what this is .....no surprises really. but its a simple bacterial infection........but apparently its really hard to get rid of and has (as you know) serious consequences for the fish.

hope this helps for the future.

cheers mate i will surely look out for this early but as you said there is little hope so i hope its a good picture for poeple to use for future refrance..:(

graham26

Jul 15, 2009
Berkshire
maybe a male L182 tried trapping her she would'nt of stood a chance i have seen my large male L182 try to trap female bristlenose till i seperated them