new problem in different tank

zeebo

Jun 11, 2010
ct ,usa
hi, I have a 20g tank with all platy (my husbands kinda) all born in this tank, never a problem, babies born daily. Today I noticed one platy has a pointed tail and not eating. This is not what I observed in the lethal 30g (which i have empited -moved the last few fish to a 5g and will sterilize the 30g this week) . The platy with the pointed tail is not eating . All other platy look fine.
I am posting 2 photos, but the stupid photobucket slideshow will prob show up.

Anyone know what this could be and if need to medicate the 20g ?006-2.jpg Photo by yellowhouse21 | Photobucket[/ame]"]http://[ame="http://s1184.photobucket.com/user/yellowhouse21/media/006-2.jpg.html"]006-2.jpg Photo by yellowhouse21 | Photobucket[/ame]

Would appreciate any ideas on what this could be . Thanks

zeebo

Jun 11, 2010
ct ,usa
:dk: anyone ? I culled this fish this am due to showing swimming probs.

So anyone know what this is and do I need to medicate the tank ?

thanks,

Lornek8

Apr 21, 2009
Hawaii
Looks like its clamping its fins. Typically a bacterial problem. Also is it supossed to be unifomly orange? Looks like there is some discoloration on the back.

zeebo

Jun 11, 2010
ct ,usa
hi Lorne, thanks for having a look. Ummm not sure about it's coloration, there are so many and such different coloring, but I think what you are seeing, the lighter coloring sploches on it's back ?? right, I don't think that is normal either. So would this also be caused from bacterial prob ? What meds do you reccommend that would be safe for the fiter media and babies(if possible) ? many thanks for your help.

zeebo

Jun 11, 2010
ct ,usa
question , will the fix twins take care of this prob and will they have a bad effect on the platy babies? I have come to dig them.

please help :dk: thanks ,

zeebo

Jun 11, 2010
ct ,usa
ok, I am into day 4 of treatin the 20g platy tank with the fix twins. I notices another platy on the bottom, with clamped tail fin , same as the one in the picture. I don't think this med is working, so should I stop this treatment and go to a stronger one such as Maracyn and Maracyn ll ? Will Maracyn kill the babies ? Thanks,