Hi Im new

jmf3460

Jan 8, 2014
Greensboro, NC
Hi, this is my first post. I am an avid member of other forums including TPT and SimplyDiscus. I currently have 5 tanks running in my home, all of which are planted to some level except one for quarantining and growing out. My love for aquariums has always been a big part of my life, but it is only recently that I became interested in plecos. I have three plecos right now. I have an adult albino bristlenose, an adult clown pleco and a juvenile unknown pleco that I reluctantly bought from a LFS because I felt the need to save it.

I am excited to learn more about the pleco species.

bigbird

Pleco Profiles Moderator - RIP FRIEND
Sep 9, 2010
Sydney, AUSTRALIA
:welcome: and excellent that you have found us. Do not be shy and just ask any question you have cheers thks jk :thumbup:

jmf3460

Jan 8, 2014
Greensboro, NC
can you help me ID

Thanks for welcoming me. Can you help me identify this Pleco??

I realize they are a little blurry but its all Ive got with the camera phone. It was labeled "Columbian Spotted Pleco"

jmf3460

Jan 8, 2014
Greensboro, NC
ok so everyone agrees that he is a gold spot sailfin right?? Will he be ok in a 75 gallon tank? My parameters: ph around 7.4/7.6, kh around 3, temp 80 steady, 50% wc weekly schedule, tank is mostly manzanita wood with a few plants. Also, when he gets older will he kill my clown pleco that is full grown at just 4"?? what else should I be feeding him besides veggies, sinking foods that he shares with the corydoras, I even saw him eat a cichlid crisp is that ok?? he probably gets his share of flake food and freeze dried blood worms that may fall to the bottom right under his nose. I have Indian almond leaves I can add if he will like to munch on them??

A few more pics:
here he is getting down on a cucumber, he hollowed it out in 2 days wow he was starved

and here is his tank he shares with 5 juvie festivum cichlids, 10 or so corydoras, 11 black neon tetras, one other clown pleco and 1 bamboo shrimp, I have removed the rubberbands from the wood now as the moss never took off.