not interested , huh, suggestions pls

zeebo

Jun 11, 2010
ct ,usa
so I set up a 20g q-tank, cycled it , my 30g had platys which I never meant to keep , began having babies ,of course, and took some back to store ,put 4 females only in the q tank to keep it cycled , planned to take them for a ride soon and tear it down...however, my husband, who has no interest in fish ,fishkeeping, or tanks in general has asked me to keep the tank going BECAUSE , in his opinion , the platys were born in my tanks and it is now their home, and he cant believe i would drop them off at the fish store.

My interest is mainly plecs..and I do enjoy other amazonian fish as well .

So ,he has no interest in how it is decorated, wont feed or clean , yet has an issue with me ditching them at the store.:dk: :dk: He obviously got to my heart on this one cuz i still got um, so any suggestions what other fish I could add to this small tank ? I suppose a smaller plec would do well, but jeez, platy and plec:wb: It just seems so wrong .

Or should i just keep the 4 platy and keep it as an on-going q-tank ?

perhaps other members with more knowledge could think of something I wouldn't have thought of ?

appreciate ANY advice. thanks

Irene0100

UK Support Team
May 14, 2009
Norfolk, UK
Platy and plec can mix but be careful with babies. I had some platties that killed all my baby bns. they can also fin nip biffer ones and cause infection. you could have some neons, maybe hubby woul like them cos they look good? I would rehome all the platties and get a small plec like a claro or similar maybe.- but then I am not to fond of platties lol.