Do your fish have names?

Adriantheone

Apr 1, 2010
In a cave on a cliff
Just wondering how many of us out there name their fish? Most of my fish don't have names but I do have, Bruce the giant gourami, 2 sailfins called Big fella & sylvester , a bristlenose Houdini & a betta named bluey. :)

Derek

Apr 27, 2012
Edinburgh
Houdini has he escaped before? My wife has named 2 of my fish we have Pompus the Panaque and Sydney our Giant African Fan Shrimp.

xingu

Apr 26, 2009
DXB
I don't name them but the missus does.

The pair of Angels are Phil and Grant (will mean nothing to anyone outside the UK).

Any Syno is called Seth, ask her why, I have no idea!

ccole

Jan 15, 2011
norfolk
I have reid (because he is ditcy like reid out of criminal minds)the worm line, ripply the l70 (because she is hot like riply out of aliens), rusty the rusty plec. I know so not orginal. JJ the albino bn and mum his wife- for no reason and finally Ben the banjo catfish because it rymes :) :D

Doodles

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
I have Big Al the common pleco, Jelly the L200 and Woody Crapalot who is my clown plec :D

Bubbles

Apr 23, 2009
Milton Keynes
My husbands breeding pair of Albino Bn's are called Samson and Delilah and one of their offspring we have kept is named Eames ( this name may change to Goren if it is male ):D

jessonthenet

Oct 16, 2010
Newcastle upon Tyne
I used to name all fish I bought but not so much now.

I was down to one neon once so called it Gordon and the new wild green neons I added followed it around so I called them the Gordon gang.

Most plecs begin with a P - Percy the gold spot, Patrick the cactus, Paul the vampire plec, gold nugget was Pixel.

The lone hatchet fish after the rest suicided is Flash.

I am sure there are other names and funnily enough my L129 is called Doodles, was a coincidence.

Pretty stupid really, and for some reason the royal plec is now cartoon head, it did have a different name to begin with?

ryannxs

May 3, 2009
london
I've named some of my fish. The recognisable ones anyway.
See signature below
love it!

i have nug, ranson, darth vadar, hans, dutches, alice, megatron, bambi, gangis, brad, luna, mama africa, lou, fred, salma hyek and some others i cant remember. ps i thought of all the cool names, missus chose the crap ones:lol:

L-ko

Global Moderators
Staff member
Oct 15, 2010
Weimar, Germany
www.welsfans.de
Hi,

... initially we give names for our plecos.
When we could not distinguished the plecos, we ended to give names. Today there are too many plecos (~ 300).
But few, very characteristic plecos have received names regardless.

F.e.

"Borstel"
(In the children's television, there is a small hedgehog with this name "Borstel".
This from our Peckolitas sp. "L 265" has most courageoushas and has most odontodes - like a hedgehog.)

Greetings
Elko

PlecoMM

May 9, 2012
Perth
My partners massive albino bn is boof because he has a massive boof head and my betta that floats around with peps (peppermint) is fernie(fernando) other than that theyre just know as "the kids"

:) they have the faces only a mother would love!:)