Female Fighter fish

Jason20679

Mar 26, 2011
Crewe
I saw some really nice female fighter fish in a well known large pet supermarket and i almost bought a coulpe (2 for £5) but i thought i'd find out if they'd be ok with the fish i have.

Will they be ok with the fish i have? See below

Thanks

J

ccole

Jan 15, 2011
norfolk
hi there

I have owned lots of the male and females- they are so beautiful.

The females are no way as angry as the males but have perminate PMT- most of the time they love to hide in floating plants (which is a must as they breath air) but if anyone shows them trouble they give it back.

If you have fry I would say i BIG NO tog etting them. My females JUMPED yes JUMPED into a fry saver with BN's..about 15 of them and ATE THEM ALL. She couldnt get back out, probally because she was so fat. She died the next day... from being a murderer!

that is my experience anyway but as always there will be females that dont stick to the trend.

good luck
cc

AusPleco

Retired Staff
Oct 1, 2011
Rural NSW
If you just get 2 you may find they will fight alot depending on the size of the tank as they will both want to be the matriarch. This will depend on their personality though they could get on just fine :)

ccole

Jan 15, 2011
norfolk
If you just get 2 you may find they will fight alot depending on the size of the tank as they will both want to be the matriarch. This will depend on their personality though they could get on just fine :)
you promted my memory- I only bought 5 or more! I totally agree
:D

Joby

Retired Staff
Aug 9, 2009
West Midlands
Females as said can be as nasty as males. Best to have at least 6 no odd numbers for some reason as they will gang up :cry: I tried to keep a female only tank once and gave up due to the agression :wb: