Discus anyone

Jo Crane

Apr 23, 2009
Cheshire
www.rareaquatics.co.uk
I am keeping red leopards some I am going to sell White diamonds I have 2 pairs and one pair of patang eruptions which are the most stunning strain I have ever seen these a close to breeding so fingers crossed. I am going to get some more imported next month not sure what I want yet though

bre

Apr 21, 2009
Newcastle, Australia
we have 2 blue turqouise in with our large plecs. they all get on well. Also have some fry from my father-in-laws in with the whiptails. He has a few breeding pairs, so we keep getting given fry lol.

Rabbit

Retired Staff
Apr 21, 2009
Auckland, NZ
I kept discus as tankmates for my 168s no probs there but had an issue with having bought adult discus and not being able to stop the fighting.
In the end i kept one the only bit of advise i can give is make sure to worm them during quarantine before they enter the actual aquarium.

Jo Crane

Apr 23, 2009
Cheshire
www.rareaquatics.co.uk
I am keeping red leopards some I am going to sell White diamonds I have 2 pairs and one pair of penang eruptions which are the most stunning strain I have ever seen these a close to breeding so fingers crossed/QUOTE]

Whoop whoop I am going to quote myself I can't quite believe it got in from work this morning after my night shift (yes I do abuse the works PC to use forums LOL) went in the fish house and look what has happened the Penang eruption pair have spawned I am made up now not had them long and they cost me an arm and a leg so pleased to little pieces right now

Last edited:

rpp1973

Apr 26, 2009
Stroud (Gloucestershire)
72 hours then jo and you may have wrigglers :) are they a young pair? if so then they may take a few trys before they get things right.
yours look like they have a good number of eggs.

keep us updated

I keep discus nothing fancy;)and have had a good run with spawnings.

regards Robert.

milnerhome

May 4, 2009
Yes, I am currently keeping...

8 Wild Negro Heckels
Breeding pair of Wild Mediera Blues (for sale)

When I get the fishroom sorted I will have 3 5ft/6ft tanks dedicated to Wild Discus groups and 2 tanks for pairs.

14 Wild Negro Heckels
8 Wild Alenquers
8 Wild Tefes

Spread throughout 3 tanks

2 pics attached below...

Irene0100

UK Support Team
May 14, 2009
Norfolk, UK
terrific, well done!
I have sometimes thought about trying discus, but have been put off by the ones I see in lfs, as often get brown marks on the scales and not sure if ill or they do that to shed old scales or something.

Juraj

Sep 26, 2009
Uk
I know this is an old thread but any chance for pictures?
:hi:

Yes, I am currently keeping...

8 Wild Negro Heckels
Breeding pair of Wild Mediera Blues (for sale)

When I get the fishroom sorted I will have 3 5ft/6ft tanks dedicated to Wild Discus groups and 2 tanks for pairs.

14 Wild Negro Heckels
8 Wild Alenquers
8 Wild Tefes

Spread throughout 3 tanks

2 pics attached below...