The spawning mop worked well

Irene0100

UK Support Team
May 14, 2009
Norfolk, UK
wont need food for a few days as have egg sack.
they like the fine ground baby food you can buy , artemis eggs (those with shells off) , crushed flakes, microworms as well as grazing off mature tank sand and gravel and plants and things for infusoria etc. I always have a few golden apple snails as these are supposed to produce infusoria too.

thegeeman

Apr 21, 2009
In the house of gee
People:hi:

The ones I put in the trap hatched but didnt last a day:(. The ones on the mop in there own tank have hatched and seemed to be doing well:D

Interesting that now the adults are in there own tank which has lower temp they seem to spawn constantly.

Cheers

thegeeman

FF MkII

Retired Staff
Apr 28, 2009
North Yorks
Out of about 3 spawns with C121's the only succesful one i had was when i transfered them into a plastic dish with meth blue.

thegeeman

Apr 21, 2009
In the house of gee
Well most in the tank on there own are doing well and I can even see some in the tank with the adults. Spawning mops are the way to go lol:):)

Thanks for everyones help

Big hugs

thegeeman

Irene0100

UK Support Team
May 14, 2009
Norfolk, UK
if you have to youe M blue for sucess I guess you are getting fungus? try adding soem cherry shrimp to the tank they will keep tank free of fungus, or try uv light?

thegeeman

Apr 21, 2009
In the house of gee
Nope. Just soaked them in hot water a few times and then lobbed them in the tank and the sank to the bottom. I still get eggs on other things but the majority end up in the mop.