should I cull this fish ?

zeebo

Jun 11, 2010
ct ,usa
so I am still fighting colomnarus in the 20g with my husband's 5 platy that remain. All 5 are eating , however 1 has a grey splot on it's side. I have been medicating with KanaPlex for seems like weeks. I swear ( or I am going nuts) that the grey splotch on this one platy is getting smaller. Doing vacuums and wc's weekly. Anything I have been using for this tank does not get near the other tanks.

So my question is should I cull this one fish ?
I really want to give him a chance since he is eating , but I am not sure keeping him in there is helping the situation. I has assumed they would all succumb to this , but the other 4 are not showing signs. Thanks,

Last edited:

bigbird

Pleco Profiles Moderator - RIP FRIEND
Sep 9, 2010
Sydney, AUSTRALIA
if you only have the 5 fish in there I would leave them all together. If the thing gets bigger, then I would cull all of them, as I presume the others would have this illness as well. sorry for this news. cheers jk.
PS I would then keep the tank empty of fish for 4-6weeks and do water changes etc and slowly add fish after this time. thks jk :thumbup:

YAL05T

Global Moderators
Staff member
May 22, 2009
North of Sydney
Agree, let things roll along as you are going. Fingers are all crossed for you. You have had an absolute hell of a time with this.

zeebo

Jun 11, 2010
ct ,usa
thanks guys, appreciate your advice and concern. Yeah, it has been rough for the fish and for me. I will take your advice ,let it ride . Thanks,