Pinoy Angels

elaine

Apr 25, 2009
Edinburgh
hi guys,

Well my lot of plecs are doing little but pig out and poop atm, so I've been looking for a little side interest whilst I wait on them to 'get it together' lol !

I've bred Discus for many years and was looking for a bit of a change. I came across some very nice, quite unusually marked angels at the weekend that captured my interest. I came away with 3 bags full of assorted Ken Kennedy's Pinoy, Platinums and the most striking Paraiba I've seen. The breeder was a real gent and gave me a few Singapore Blues as well. Now it's many years since I've bred angels, so I'm really going to have to swat up on these new strains and get my head round the genetics of the thing, which could take a while lol !

Anyway, sorry for rambling on, I just wondered if any of you guys bred these angels at all, or had come across any for sale. Looking to get together a nice mix of youngsters to hopefully get a few good pairs.

Anyone here keep them ? Could always do with a bit of advice !

Cheers
Elaine

Last edited:

elaine

Apr 25, 2009
Edinburgh
Thanks for the reply Derek, had a look at your pics. Those are the guys lol !
The ones I have are quite dark with that lovely blue colouring, so yours would compliment them perfectly.

When do you expect to have some for sale ?
I really must try and find my way to your shop lol !

elaine

Apr 25, 2009
Edinburgh
Thank you !

Your breeder doesn't happen to be quite local ?
I only ask because the breeder I visited at the weekend had tanks full of them, I was a bit spoilt for choice. Wouldn't it be ironic if they were one of the same lol !

elaine

Apr 25, 2009
Edinburgh
Nope, mine was Bo'ness. He did say however he sent a lot of his angels to a breeder friend in Aberdeen, to make way for his Discus lol !

No pics yet as they're still settling in. I've only had them since the weekend but some of the colours are coming out very nicely. I'll try and get a few descent pics once they're settled.

elaine

Apr 25, 2009
Edinburgh
That's what I wondered about as he spoke of his friend in Aberdeen.
Very small world lol ! Must say though, they are top quality angels and I had the privilege of seeing his breeding pairs with fry ..... just stunning !

IanB

Jul 21, 2011
Mid_Suffolk, UK
www.oldschoolmtb.co.uk
Anyone here keep them ?
Sorry to bump but I had these delivered the other day (there's 6 of 'em but it's really hard getting pics)..

They are supposed to be Pinoy Zebra WiFi Angels from parents imported in 2010 from Ken Kennedy.. I have no idea whether they are, never kept angels before, they've been here a few days and appear to be doing well..

D-MAC

Jul 24, 2009
Lossiemouth
www.danditropicals.co.uk
Sorry to bump but I had these delivered the other day (there's 6 of 'em but it's really hard getting pics)..

They are supposed to be Pinoy Zebra WiFi Angels from parents imported in 2010 from Ken Kennedy.. I have no idea whether they are, never kept angels before, they've been here a few days and appear to be doing well..

I would say they are wifi as the dorsal is already larger than in normal fish :thumbup: