kribensis

LyndaB

May 11, 2012
Connecticut
It's not unusual for the adults to eat the fry or eggs the first few spawns. After that, they usually calm down and become better parents.

It's surprising at just how little the parents are needed if there are no predators in the fry tank. Many krib keepers don't keep the adults with the fry at all once the fry are free swimming. There's no need to.

Congrats on the little ones and have fun with them!

kirst_518

Mar 30, 2011
Sussex
It's not unusual for the adults to eat the fry or eggs the first few spawns. After that, they usually calm down and become better parents.

It's surprising at just how little the parents are needed if there are no predators in the fry tank. Many krib keepers don't keep the adults with the fry at all once the fry are free swimming. There's no need to.

Congrats on the little ones and have fun with them!
Thankyou. Ive moved them both out now and all seems to be going ok!

kirst_518

Mar 30, 2011
Sussex
Hi my kribs are now about 1cm long. are they big enough to go into my community tank now as i have blockhead cichlid babys that id like to put in the tank that the kribs are in as they are in my bigger tank and the mum is not letting them come out of the cave and i know they will get eaten in there. thanks

Derek

Apr 27, 2012
Edinburgh
I just got rid of my baby blockheads got £2 a head. Had to get rid of the adults too I had 3 males and 1 female,the tank was like WW3 couldn't imagine adding kribs to the mix.

Derek

Apr 27, 2012
Edinburgh
Each fish is different. My blockheads were fairly towards each other 1 male had on side of the tank and another male had the other while the smallest male was battered between both sides.
When they bred they had all the fish in the tank up at one corner some where larger than the blockheads!
When kribs breed they to become quite aggressive so I think it would be warfare, but they do co exist in the wild.

kirst_518

Mar 30, 2011
Sussex
Each fish is different. My blockheads were fairly towards each other 1 male had on side of the tank and another male had the other while the smallest male was battered between both sides.
When they bred they had all the fish in the tank up at one corner some where larger than the blockheads!
When kribs breed they to become quite aggressive so I think it would be warfare, but they do co exist in the wild.
ok thanks!